Have you ever had trouble sleeping because the sun comes up in the morning and wakes you up or shining in your eyes? If so, silk sleep masks are for you. Silk sleep masks work with silk fibres that regulate temperature, which can keep your body temperature cooler. Wearing silk makes you feel relaxed and will help with falling asleep faster when compared to other materials like cotton or polyester.
What is a silk sleep mask?
A silk sleep mask is an eye mask made out of silk. The silk fabric of these masks naturally blocks out light and adds the additional benefit of silk’s cooling effect, helping people fall asleep faster.
The silk used for silk sleep masks is produced by silkworm silk which leaves behind a smooth, soft fabric lighter than traditional sleeping masks.
Silk moths produce silk only in their cocoons, so it is easier to collect and process than animal-based fabrics like wool or cotton. Wool fibres vary in length, but silk fibres are almost 2,000 meters long! This makes them very strong and able to retain warmth while also being gentle on sensitive skin.
It also doesn’t absorb moisture readily, which means your face stays moisturized while you sleep. Silk does not block pores as other fabrics may do either.
Silk masks are not just for people with sleeping problems. It can also be used by anyone looking for an additional way to relax. They come in different sizes and styles, so you will find what works best for you.
Is buying a silk sleep mask worth it?
Although a silk sleep mask may be quite expensive, this product offers so many benefits. They include:
- Silk fabric is remarkably strong and very soft against the skin. It also resists pilling, a process in which small balls form on the surface along with yarn cords, giving it a fuzzy appearance. These pills can be removed by hand or with a pill shaver for reuse in other projects.
- The silk material makes them comfortable to wear for extended periods without compromising comfort or pressure around the eyes themselves. Silk is easy to care for and durable and resilient, making silk sleep masks ideal for everyone.
- The silk sleep mask is comfortable not only for sleeping but also for other things. It can be used for practicing Yoga or even to keep the light out when you are meditating.
- A silk sleep mask helps you relax before bedtime. It blocks light and also has an added benefit of keeping your face cool during the night. Silk can help reduce wrinkles and acne because it’s so gentle on the skin – which is important if you’re trying to get that perfect complexion!
How to care for your silk sleep mask
Silk is naturally hypoallergenic, so it makes an excellent fabric for those with sensitive skin. However, silk can still be subject to wear and tear, so there are few things you can do to keep your silk eye mask looking fresh.
- The rules are simple: silk should be cared for to stay silk, but this doesn’t mean silk sleep masks should be washed like regular clothes.
- You need special silk shampoo and conditioner which you can buy in any beauty shop. They will do magic! Silk needs to be refreshed after few weeks of use; silk slowly loses its sheen, so if you want to maintain the original lustre of silk – use special products from time to time.
- When caring for silk, remember that your silk sleep mask should only be stored in a dry place out of direct sunlight. It is best if the silk sleep mask is not placed directly into an airtight container or plastic bag, as this will lead to condensation, which then creates mound buildup over time.
- Another rule of silk – silk hates light and humidity. So keep silk sleep masks away from windows or the bathroom. If you have some makeup stains on it, simply use a dry towel to wipe them off.
How Much Does A silk sleep mask Cost?
This silk eye mask has a lot of benefits, and one silk sleep mask costs a little more than a regular eye mask, approximately about 40$. Silk is a more expensive material for making silk sleep masks because it’s rare in the world and has a high demand.
There are many different types of silk that have very different prices. For example, mulberry silk with its silkworm fibres with thousands of long thin threads spun together to form a single strand- this kind of silk is the most expensive kind of silk but lasts longer than other kinds.
When comparing costs between cheaper types of silk with shorter strand lengths and mulberry silk, the price difference comes from how long it takes for each type to grow back after harvesting once.
A silk sleep mask is a good investment. There are many benefits to wearing a silk sleep mask. If you have trouble falling asleep, it can be worth trying out this natural alternative instead of using medication or other drugs which may not work for everyone. It is important to consider the long-term impact on your health when making any decision about sleeping aids and lifestyle habits that will affect how well you get to rest at night. A good way to test whether a sleep mask would help with your insomnia is by wearing one before bedtime every day for two weeks and seeing if there’s an improvement in quality of sleep or reduction in time spent tossing and turning at night.